Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Daddy Wrote a Letter



    Recently I was scrolling through Pinterest and I came across a wonderful pin "A Daddy Wrote a Letter to His Daughter". I instantly clicked, intrigued with what this letter entailed. He wrote of an experience where he and his wife came across an article on a Google search entitled "How To Keep Him Interested". I realized where this letter was going and was very excited to read the rest. I won't spoil it because I would love for you to read it. Of course while I was reading this letter I could only think of Austyn and our future daughters. If you have a daughter I think you can relate and possibly had the thought cross your mind: how do I teach my daughter to be virtuous? And realize her self worth? I believe that it is so important to teach her that "She is more precious than rubies; and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared to her" (proverbs 3:15). 

    There is something about girls that have precious in their description. Based on how these precious souls have been raised or treated growing up plays a huge role on what kind of decisions they make. I want not only Austyn but Kannon as well to understand how important and highly favored a women's worth is. A women's worth; is it highly favored by you, do you have a good definition of it, have you even bothered to care? Well I think that every women is different and maybe even has her own definition of what a women's worth is. All I hope is that you know your worth is unmeasurable and that you deserve the best. I hope that you are treated well by those around you and most importantly that you are treating those with love and compassion. That is beauty: lifting other women up and helping empower them because there is nothing more ugly then someone putting another down. 

    As women lets make sure to empower one another and remind each other what we are worth. We are worthy of time, respect and love; pure love. A love that is kind and unconditional. We deserve everything great and so do our men. We need to put out respect in order to receive respect. Please dont read this thinking that I am placing women higher then men because we are all equal. We need to remind one another that a little one is watching and that we are setting an example of love. We are telling them with our actions how we can become worthy and what we are worthy of. I believe that by our examples we are able to bring up virtuous young women and we will be able to teach our young men respect. If there was one thing I would want my daughter to understand it would be found in Proverbs 3:15 because there is nothing more beautiful than a virtuous young woman who understands her worth and will not settle for anything less then a pure love.

The Brown Girl





No comments:

Post a Comment